Scientific Program

Conference Series Ltd invites all the participants across the globe to attend 15th Asia Pacific
Oncologists Annual Meeting Tokyo, Japan.

Day 2 :

Keynote Forum

Wassil Nowicky

Ukrainian Anti-Cancer Institute, Austria

Keynote: The anti-cancer preparation NSC-631570 (UKRAIN) and its effect on pancreatic and colorectal cancer

Time : 10:00 - 10:40

OMICS International Asia Pacific Oncologists 2018 International Conference Keynote Speaker Wassil Nowicky photo
Biography:

Dr. Wassil Nowicky — Dipl. Ing., Dr. techn., DDDr. h. c., Director of “Nowicky Pharma” and President of the Ukrainian Anti-Cancer Institute (Vienna, Austria). He has finished his study at the Radiotechnical Faculty of the Technical University of Lviv (Ukraine) at the end of 1955 with graduation to “Diplomingeniueur” in 1960 which title was nostrificated in Austria in 1975. Inventor of the anticancer preparation on basis of celandine alkaloids “NSC-631570”. Author of over 300 scientific articles dedicated to cancer research. Dr. Wassil Nowicky is a real member of the New York Academy of Sciences, member of the European Union for applied immunology and of the American Association for scientific progress, honorary doctor of the Janka Kupala University in Hrodno, doctor “honoris causa” of the open international university on complex medicine in Colombo, honorary member of the Austrian Society of a name of Albert Schweizer. He has received the award for merits of National guild of pharmacists of Americ, the award of Austrian Society of sanitary, hygiene and public health services and others.

Abstract:

In a controlled randomised study by Prof. Beger et al. in the Ulm University Hospital, Germany, the therapy with NSC‐631570 and gemcitabine doubled the survival rate in the patients with inoperable advanced pancreatic cancer. The longest survival was 19 months in the group treated with gemcitabine alone, 26 months in the combined group, and in the NSC‐631570 alone group two patients were alive after 28 months. NSC‐631570 was well tolerated. The study authors consider further evaluation of NSC‐631570 as justified whereas the quality of life of the patients improved.

Patients were further observed after the conclusion of the study and it was noted that UKRAIN was well tolerated and could be administered without problem to all patients. UKRAIN brought about a significant increase in survival time in comparison to therapy with gemcitabine alone. Combination therapy with gemcitabine and UKRAIN showed no advantage over monotherapy with UKRAIN. The longest survival in the gemcitabine group was 19 months, 21 months in the gemcitabine+Ukrain group, and in the Ukrain group a patient was still alive after 28 months.

2007 the results of another clinical study by the same research team were published. This time the efficacy of the adjuvant therapy with NSC‐631570 has been demonstrated in the patients with advanced pancreatic cancer after surgery. The patients were treated with a combination of NSC‐631570 and gemcitabine. The median survival was 33.8 months and the 5‐year survival rate was 23.3% which is clearly better than results reported in the earlier studies without NSC‐631570, with the median survival of 20.1 months and the 5‐year survival rate was 21%. Moreover, NSC‐631570 at therapeutic dose range has only minimal adverse effects, improves the quality of life of patients and can be administered also on outpatient basis. All these features distinguishes this drug favourable compared to the standard cytostatic agents.

In a controlled randomized clinical study by the National Medical University (Kyiv, Ukraine) colon cancer patients were treated with NSC‐631570 or with 5‐fuorouracil and x‐ray therapy. The survival rate after 21 months was 78.6% in the NSC‐631570 group and 33.3% in the group treated with 5‐FU and radiotherapy. Within a randomized study in the Doneck Regional Cancer Center (Ukraine) rectal cancer patients received either high‐dose radiotherapy and 5‐FU before surgery, or the therapy with NSC‐631570: one course before surgery (10 mg every second day up to 60 mg) and another course afterwards (up to 40 mg). During following 14 months, relapses occurred in six patients (25%) from the combined group and in 2 patients (8.3%) in the NSC‐631570 group. Two year relapse rate was 33.3% (8 patients) in the combined group and 16.7% (4 patients) in the NSC‐631570 group [117]. Now, 11 years after this publication 18 from 24 patients (75%) in the NSC‐631570 group are still alive.